Your first visit
Before your first appointment, Patricia will ask you to complete a comprehensive health questionnaire.
At your first appointment, which will last between 60 and 90 minutes, Patricia will discuss the contents of the questionnaire with you before carrying out a physical examination that will include assessment of three areas:
- orthopaedic (to identify problems with your musculoskeletal system)
- neurological (to identify problems with your nervous system)
- chiropractic (to identify problems with your joints/bones)
The results of these tests will help Patricia to form a diagnosis.
Depending on the nature of your condition it may be necessary to refer you for x-rays/laboratory tests to determine if you have arthritis, disc degeneration, diseases or conditions that need referral to another specialist.
Patricia will then:
- Offer the prognosis (what your recovery will be like)
- Explain the treatment plan (an indication of how many treatments you will need and what the treatment will comprise of)
- Offer advice on nutrition, exercise, posture, ergonomics (the way you sit at your desk/computer, alternative medicines and therapies, how you can help yourself
Subsequent treatments are 45 minutes in duration. It is important to me to ensure that appointment times are adhered to so that you day is not disrupted unduly.
How long will a course of treatment take?
Genetically we are all different. Therefore, responses to treatment can vary. A personalised treatment plan is determined for you based on your specific needs.
What can I expect?
It is common to experience a change in location of symptoms such as pain during the course of treatment. This is often due to a change in weightbearing that occurs due to the effects of chiropractic treatments. Pain is not always a bad thing, it is considered a warning signal for your body’s sensory system. Be aware of these signals and bring them to my attention during your treatment schedule.
Is due at the end of each treatment. Methods of payment are by bank transfer, cheque with a bank’s guarantee card or cash.